We asked for your submissions for Designer for a Day and we’ve narrowed it down to the Top 5 but, we need you help picking a winner! Maybe you don’t have the designer gene but you can still help Homes By Us build their next ground breaking dream home by voting for the design idea you like best. When you vote for your favourite idea you will be entered to win a luxury Kitchen Aid home appliance package courtesy of Coast Wholesale Appliances which includes a stainless steel fridge, range, dishwasher and microwave. Your vote could help someone win and have their idea in the Homes By Us selections for years to come!
1. JODY LACUSTA – My husband has been bugging me to do this in our own home. An old fashion idea but really cool. A secret room with an invisible door.
2. SHELLEY BUCKLER – I think having a fireplace wall that can be viewed both inside the house and outside on the deck would be perfect. Bring the inside out and make your deck an extension of your home. Also, a barbecue set up that is free of the elements, when you want to barbecue in the winter or wind.
3. MICHELLE SWOBODA – Specialized spice cabinet that maximizes space in the pantry. Most people have more spices than the usual 15 or 24 bottles allowed. My idea is to have a shallow wood cabinet with nooks that house each spice container that hold 2 oz of spices. A good number to build is 50 to 60. The spice container would be glass with a metal top. The cabinet can be built on the side of the pantry to maximize the use of the shelving and so it does not detract from the use of the shelves. Each container will have a spice name on it with 10 without names that can be labelled. This is the height of a chef’s experience when cooking. The spice containers should be easily accessible from the stove and the counter.
4. JILL SHEPPARD – My design would be to have the kick plates along all cabinets to roll out as a step for easier reaching! (Especially in the bathroom for kids to reach the sink)
5. CHANEL JONES – This house I’ve chosen as my future dream home @ approx: 2,456 sq ft. This Beautiful home consists of : 4 bedrooms – 3 upper – 1 lower Coffee/ wet bar in the master bedroom Full glass stair case that encases a wine cellar Full fitness room in the basement large entertainment center – 2 two-way fireplaces Let the floor plans speak for themselves.