THE COUNTRY CRUISING WITH DALLAS SMITH CONTEST (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
- THE CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest entry period commences at 7:15 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on July 18, 2016 and concludes at 5:15 p.m. MT on August 5, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to residents of the Province of Alberta, who, at the start of the Contest Period, are eighteen (18) years of age or older, have a valid passport before and for the duration of the trip and be able to travel to the destination. Employees, directors and officers of Flying Dutchman Travel, MRM Music, CKRY-FM (the “Radio Station”), and Corus Entertainment Inc. (the “Contest Sponsors”), any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of the Contest Sponsors (the “Affiliates”), employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Listen to the Radio Station weekdays at 7:15 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 1:15 p.m., 4:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. MT during the Contest Period for the cue to call (the “Cue”). Upon hearing the Cue, listeners are invited to call (403) 508-9000 (the “Contest Line”). The tenth (10th) caller through to the Contest Line will, subject to these Contest Rules, be entered into the draw for the Prize, as described below (each a, “Qualifier”).
Streaming Listeners: Please note that you may be listening to a delayed stream of the radio signal which may vary depending on your computer’s memory capacity and the speed of your internet connection. For that reason, Contest Sponsors recommend that you turn on your radio to the Radio Station to participate in any call-in contest to be sure you are participating in “real time.” Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for entrants not making timely phone calls to the station as a result of the delays in the Internet stream.
If there is not a clear telephone connection between the Radio Station on-air announcer and a Contest entrant, such that one or each other cannot hear the other or the caller otherwise gets disconnected, such entrant may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors, be disqualified, and if disqualifed will forfeit his/her entry and the Releasees (defined below) will not be liable in any way. Prior to completing the call or at any other time as determined by the Contest Sponsors, the eligible entrant will be required to provide a representative of the Contest Sponsors with all required contact information (including, but not necessarily limited to, his/her name, telephone number and/or email address).
NOTE: Listeners can call as often as they way want for each Cue. However, once successfully through the Contest Line and deemed a Qualifier, they are no longer eligible to qualify. Only one (1) entry per Qualifier is permitted during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- WINNER SELECTION
On August 8, 2016, at 8:15 a.m. MT, one (1) eligible Qualifier will be randomly selected as the potential winner of the Prize, as described below. The potential Prize winner will be contacted by a representative of one of the Contest Sponsors within five (5) of the draw by telephone and/or email, as provided by the entrant in his/her Contest entry form. The potential Prize winner found to be ineligible, declines to accept the Prize or who is unable to be contacted (including failing to return phone calls or emails) within five (5) business days of the draw may be required to forfeit his/her Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- THE PRIZE AND PRIZE VALUE
There is one (1) Prize to be won. The Prize consists of the following:
- return airfare, based on economy class, for two (2) people between Calgary, Alberta and Tampa Bay, Florida.
- five (5) nights’ standard accommodation aboard the Country Cruising cruise ship (based on double occupancy) departing from Tampa Bay, Florida on January 14, 2017 and returning on January 19, 2017 (the “Travel Period”)
- all cruise accommodation taxes and processing fees;
- all meals and beverages aboard Country Cruising.
To give others a chance to win prizes, there shall be only one (1) winner per person awarded by the Radio Station once every thirty (30) days if the prize is valued over $500, unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one (1) prize per contest.
- DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING THE PRIZE
Following confirmation as the Prize winner in accordance with the Contest Rules, selected entrant will be given instructions and a deadline as to how they must claim the Prize. Potential Prize winner who fails either to claim the Prize, or to inform the Contest Sponsors of their inability to claim the Prize before the deadline, as instructed, may be required to forfeit the Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS
- All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the Prize description, including but not limited to ground transportation not specifically mentioned in Section 5, above, airport improvement fees, travel insurance, out-of-country medical insurance, if applicable, trip cancellation insurance, connector flights, sightseeing tours, tips, departure taxes, fees and surcharges, any baggage fees, costs associated with obtaining travel documents, visas, or necessary vaccinations, specialty dining restaurants, bottled beverages, onboard purchases and services, or items of a personal nature (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner (and/or guest where applicable). Prize winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance, including but not limited to, medical) and hereby acknowledge that Contest Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance;
- A valid credit card will be required upon check in at the hotel;
- The Prize trip must be taken between during the Travel Period outlined above, subject to availability. All Prize elements are subject to availability and substitution. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Contest Sponsors reserves the right to structure travel routes and select cruise in their sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors. The Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary from the same departure airport. Elements of the Prize trip (including, without limitation, airfare and lodging) may not be used towards loyalty programs. If the Prize winner is unable to travel during the Travel Period, he or she may be required to forfeit the Prize and an alternate winner may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion;
- In the event Dallas Smith, Country Cruising or any of its members are unable to attend the event as provided for hereunder for any reason whatsoever, the Prize shall be deemed fulfilled and such Prize component(s) will not be substituted, except in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors;
- Prize winner and his/her travel guest must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents upon selection, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. Prize winner and his/her guest must be able to travel to Florida, USA and Cozumel, Mexico. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation, including but not limited to, any requisite Travel Consent Forms proving that the custodial parent or legal guardian has the requisite permission to travel with a minor, will result in forfeiture of the Prize;
- If any guest of the winner is a minor in his or her province of residence by the date the Prize is awarded, the winner must be his/her custodial parent or legal guardian, who has agreed to be fully and legally responsible for his/her minor guest for the duration of the Prize trip;
- Please note: Prize winner and his/her guest, may not enter licensed establishments unless they are twenty-one (21) years of age or older; and
- The Prize winner and his or her guest must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while in the Florida, USA and Cozumel, Mexico.
- ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
None of the Contest Sponsors make any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he/she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsors should the Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Prize winner.
- DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF THE PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded the Prize, the selected entrant must:
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question, and
- the selected entrant and his or her guest (or guest(s)’s custodial parent or legal guardian, if a minor) each must sign a standard form Declaration and Release of Liability (the “Release Forms”) confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of the Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Prize; and
- that he or she releases, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless the Contest Sponsors, the Affiliates, the prize providers, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, licensors and agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize, or in connection with participation in this Contest or a Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting the Prize, whether suffered by the Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
Release Forms will be emailed to potential Prize winner at the email address provided at the time of qualifying. The Prize will only be awarded upon (a) verification of the answer to the skill-testing question and (b) return of the fully executed Release Forms to the email or fax number provided to the Prize winner. Failure to return a signed Release Form as instructed by the Contest Sponsors may result in disqualification, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Prize winner is responsible for obtaining and returning signed copies of Release Forms from his/her guest, if applicable.
- PRIZE SUBSTITUTION
The Prize and prize portions are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the Prize, or prize portion, with a Prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Should the Prize winner be unable to claim the Prize or prize portion as awarded, their rights to the Prize or prize portion may be forfeited, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, and/or modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors. The Releasees are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorists acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, performers’ illness, injury or death, or any other cause beyond the Releasees’ sole control.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
Subject to the terms contained in Section 15 below, all entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world, in all media, in perpetuity, by the Contest Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation in connection with the Contest. Prize winner further agrees that his/her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. Entrants understand and acknowledge that the Radio Station may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or Prize. The Contest Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsors, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest, future contests of the Contest Sponsors and/or winning a prize(s) if, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Contest Sponsors determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unlawful or unfair playing practices relating to the Contest (including but not limited to the use of automated quick entry programs), prize(s), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsors representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of the Prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or Prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the Releasees, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These Contest Rules are available online at the Website and at the Radio Station studios, located at 3320 17th Avenue SW, Calgary, AB.
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.
© Corus Entertainment Inc., 2016.