This Saturday will mark Canada’s 150th Birthday! It’s a BIG DEAL. To mark this ever so wonderful birthday, I thought that I would tell you the top ten
kind of weird things that I love about Canada, the True North Strong and Free:
- Poutine, obviously.
- The fact that Thanksgiving is far enough away from Christmas.
- Our beautiful, colourful money AND loonies/toonies
- Spelling colourful (and other words) with an “o” and a “u” because it’s fancy.
- Seeing the looks on people’s faces when you tell them that you live in an Igloo.
- Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling, Ryan Reynolds etc. Find out Canada’s most bankable movie stars, here.
- Mountains, oceans + rivers – oh, my!
- Being stereotyped as “too nice” because there are much worse things to be called.
- The McLobster.
- And of course, the people! We are a Country like none other.
We asked Country Music Artists Bobby Wills, Midland and Brett Young to tell us their favourite things about Canada: